Hi,

At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3976 we began a discussion with
Sascha.
Sascha provided a migration for ofbizwebsite, but I wondered if it's worth
maintaining ofbizwebsite if we don't use and especially
maintain it at all...
Acually I think it's a good idea and some effort have already been made in
direction of a localised version of our site. At least
I'm aware about Erwan's as they show to me (in French by default) when I log to
http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ofbiz/. Note also
the flags...

I think the last discussion about it was
http://markmail.org/message/tefac6qlrmrqnlhx.
Contrary to Tim and David I'm not a lot concerned about change CMS changes.
This for 2 reasons,
1) I don't think they would happen often (if ever)
2) The site is updated every day and could be updated more often if needed.
When Gav from the infra team set it it was every 6
hours. I asked for every day only, to avoid the unavailability during update
which takes some time since it's svn up + clear all +
complete rebuild and launch.
The advantage is possible localisation, and I really don't think there are
ressources issues.

Also I know that at any moment someone could pick up webPOS or Shark and
continue the work already done. But I doubt. For Shark we
already discussed and the consensus was to move it out of the framework to
specialpurpose. This is not giving us much harms
(sometimes we get surprises though) and we may continue like that (until?),
what about webPOS? We know it misses an essential aspect
: JavaPOS handling. And I don't know if someone will ever take the challenge.
Could we not freeze this component with a tag and
remove them from the trunk? I know I'm a kind of maniac for ordering things, so maybe I'm totally wrong about that, mostly because then new comers may not be aware about their existence...
We could also create a specific directory, wip or notused or? and put them both
there. Also do we really need ebay *and* ebaystore?

Opinions?