Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
haven't had time to catch up from last week.
only suggestion is something like inactive or not being maintained.
obsolete gives the Ideas that it should not be considered by some enterprising soul in the future.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/10/2010 7:05 AM:

OK,

It seems this does not raise much concerns and we need to move ahead
with the jQuery branch. What I will do:
Create an obsolete dir where I will put shark and webpos. It will make
things clear: except if someone wants to pick them up and works on them
again the components in this dir are not maintained anymore by the
community.
For now I keep ofbizsite out of it because I believe it offer a better
alternative (possible localisation with some effort already done). But
if we see that those effort are not continued then we will put it also
there...

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Hi,

At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3976 we began a
discussion with Sascha.
Sascha provided a migration for ofbizwebsite, but I wondered if it's
worth maintaining ofbizwebsite if we don't use and especially
maintain it at all...
Acually I think it's a good idea and some effort have already been
made in direction of a localised version of our site. At least
I'm aware about Erwan's as they show to me (in French by default) when
I log to http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ofbiz/. Note also
the flags...

I think the last discussion about it was
http://markmail.org/message/tefac6qlrmrqnlhx.
Contrary to Tim and David I'm not a lot concerned about change CMS
changes. This for 2 reasons,
1) I don't think they would happen often (if ever)
2) The site is updated every day and could be updated more often if
needed. When Gav from the infra team set it it was every 6
hours. I asked for every day only, to avoid the unavailability during
update which takes some time since it's svn up + clear all +
complete rebuild and launch.
The advantage is possible localisation, and I really don't think there
are ressources issues.

Also I know that at any moment someone could pick up webPOS or Shark
and continue the work already done. But I doubt. For Shark we
already discussed and the consensus was to move it out of the
framework to specialpurpose. This is not giving us much harms
(sometimes we get surprises though) and we may continue like that
(until?), what about webPOS? We know it misses an essential aspect
: JavaPOS handling. And I don't know if someone will ever take the
challenge. Could we not freeze this component with a tag and
remove them from the trunk? I know I'm a kind of maniac for ordering
things, so maybe I'm totally wrong about that, mostly because then new
comers may not be aware about their existence...
We could also create a specific directory, wip or notused or? and put
them both there. Also do we really need ebay *and* ebaystore?

Opinions?