Hi BJ, sorry for the late response, but i was not at home yesterday.
 :-).

That was more or less a POC. I tried to create a showcase to test standard
Application Screens (i.e. a standard ecommerce module). Therefore i created
the unit tests with the selenium firefox plugin, modifyed the tests for my
purposes and used them in a little selfmade testing framework. That was very
simple. It reads test data (i.e user data, orders which should be placed
...) from an excel file (Apache POI), creates a list with the neded data and
called the tests class with the unit tests, from this point selenium did all
the work, run the test and give me a result.
That's it. Maybe a little bit uncommon but as i said it was a POC for a
certain use case :-)

But at the end of the day a think there is a lot of stuff / test cases which
can be handled by selenium, but i also noticed that it is a lot of work
creating all the tests...

Hope you get an idea what i was trying to do.
Have a good day
Sascha

--
Sascha Rodekamp