I guess it really just comes down to the approach.  The objective of the task
was to update the Flat Grey theme.  So, I approached the design as a realign
rather than a redesign.  I did not look at any other themes as examples, I
simply focused on how Flat Grey looked and functioned and then tried to make
the smallest amount of CSS and markup changes possible in order to achieve the
objective and stay with the scope of the task.

I understand your bias, because I have it as well, as probably every other
active OFBiz developer does.  But for the average user, the vast majority are
going to select one language, one time zone, and one theme and then never touch
this section again.   Also, for a developer deploying OFBiz across a large
organization, they may even decide to set these preferences globally across the
entire organization and not allow the user to have these selections.  In that
case, it becomes much easier for them because they can simply disable the
footer in the theme and it does not affect anything else at all.

Ryan L. Foster
801.671.0769
cont...@ryanlfoster.com
ryanlfoster.com