Having just spend 6 months working in a mixed OpenTaps, OFBiz 9.x environment, all I can say is: "What a mess". Thankfully I do not have to support the core project base - only my small piece. I still have not found the value in the OpenTaps/Hibernate implementation. Maybe, someday, I'll see that light.

David - Please see my other comment inline. I'm particularly interested in the recurring theme of yours as articulated below: