On Mar 19, 2011, at 11:33 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> I'm writing this to start a thread to discuss:
>
> If you could change ANYTHING in the OFBiz data model, what would it be?
>
> To kick this off here are some ideas I've compiled that have come up over the
> years (many based on feedback from people on this mailing list), or that I
> thought of recently will working on this topic. You can see them below...
>
> -David

> - Move most *Type entities to Enumeration values (update seed data, referring
>  entities, remove *Type) (after this remove all remaining hasTable fields)

Related to this:

- Add the enumTypeId to the entity definition for the field

        <field name="locationTypeEnumId" enum-type="FACLOC_TYPE" ...

Also,

- Make userLoginId an ID that isn't changed, add a field for "name" that can be
updated

- Condense credit card name fields (first, middle, last, prefix, suffix, etc.)
into a single "nameOnCard"