I know that you have already implemented it, but I still don't understand your
response to my original comment... but it is ok.
As regards the serialized/non-serialized item decision, the fact that you have
decided to store the serial number in the FixedAsset entity and not in the
InventoryItem entity is fine but I still think that the InventoryItem should be
"serialized" (I am under the assumption that your InventoryItem cannot have a
QOH greater than 1, if they are associated to FixedAsset with serial numbers in
them).