On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> On 3/14/2012 7:56 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> * after the switch to JSR-223 the "DSL method" are accessed thru the "ofbiz"
>> reference (instead of being directly available as method calls)
>
> You could implement your own script engine factory to enable the extended
> Script class + DSL idea (GroovyBaseScript).

Yes, this is what I meant... however I think it is fine to keep the "ofbiz."
syntax for now and see how it goes (the switch in the future would be a matter
of a few search-and-replace operations).
Actually a more compelling reason for using a custom engine would be to enable
debugging... but even if we decide to do this I would prefer to continue to use
the "ofbiz." syntax (i.e. do not inject the GroovyBaseScript)... in this way
the decision engine switch will not affect in any way the code in the scripts.
When everything will be consolidated it will be easier to see what the is the
best way to go.

Jacopo