I have always had a problem with OS-specific code being maintained in OFBiz. Granted, we have some artifacts that must take the OS into consideration in order to get OFBiz to work, but it appears to me the Debian stuff doesn't fall into that category (I could be wrong, please correct me if I am).

For example, we have start scripts (startofbiz.*) as a convenience for users running on various platforms, but those scripts are somewhat generic. Is the Debian stuff similar to that or not?

+1 on shark and workflow

+0 on the rest.

Quoting Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>:

C) $OFBIZ_HOME/debian: move to "Attic"

D) the seleniumxml code in framework/testtools: move to "Attic"

E) specialpurpose/workflow: move to "Attic"

F) specialpurpose/shark: move to "Attic"

J) framework/appserver: move to "Extras"

K) framework/jetty: move to "Extras" (or "Attic")

The above are components/features that don't seem to be used/maintained by the community: some of them are very old (workflow, shark, appserver, jetty), some of them are experimental (shark, seleniumxml), some of them are very specialized (debian). I have proposed some of them for the Attic and some of them for the Extras but in theory all of them could go to Extras if we find at least one maintainer for each; if not, each of them could go to Attic.
Any ideas? volunteers (OFBiz committers or not)?
No one objected or commented on them so far (so I suspect that there could be a lazy consensus); for the seleniumxml code there was also a thread some weeks ago in the user list where there seemed to be a general consensus (also from the original contributors of the work) for the removal (apart from Hans who is using it, it doesn't seem to be used much by the community).