discussion on "OFBiz Plugin Management, status and propositions" should be on the corresponding thread

Le 20/03/2012 16:59, Mansour Al Akeel a écrit :
Ant+Ivy would fit easier with the structure of ofbiz components.
If we want to move to maven, then a modification to
org/ofbiz/base/location/FlexibleLocation.java has to be
done to allow loading resource from a jar file. I am assuming with
maven, you want to package the whole component in
a jar file. I think this is good idea, and it will have to done for OSGI anyway.
But for the moment, I think Ant+Ivy are more suitable.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Jacques Le Roux
<jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>  wrote:
From: "Nicolas Malin"<malin.nico...@librenberry.net>

Le 20/03/2012 12:47, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Q) framework/example and framework/exampleext: move to specialpurpose
Adrian would like to keep Example in the framework but slim it down a lot
to the essential (no form widgets examples, no Ajax
examples, no content examples etc...). Adrian would you please confirm if
in your vision the "example" application should
document the layout of a typical OFBiz component only? If yes, we could
use the output of the "ant create-component" task to
document the best practice layout.
Jacques, Olivier would like to keep also the examples for the various
higher level features available to OFBiz applications.

I think that from the discussion it could emerge the following solution
to please everyone:

* keep the "example" component in the framework but slim it down to the
bare essential
* move the "exampleext" component to specialpurpose and migrate to it all
the extra features: this could also be used as a best
practice guide on how to extend a component from
hot-deploy/specialpurpose

I still think that it would be nicer to not bundle the "example"
component ootb to keep the framework cleaner: the example should
be downloaded separately (when we will have clear separation between
framework and the rest); this approach is similar to tomcat
and its example applications. But I don't have a strong opinion on this.

Jacopo
example and exampleext are they useful for production site ?
if Apache OFBiz implement a plugin manager, why don't use ant (or other)
to prepare OFBiz according to its use.

If you want develop on OFBiz, when you download from svn run : ant
run-install-dev (it's a example ;)) and ant use plugin manager
to resolve all extras project that compose the official OFBiz developer
package.

Interesting, it's based on Ivy, right? Did you ever re-consider Maven (I
know the historical ;o)?
I guess ant+Ivy is more flexible? I prefer it too, but only crossed Maven
during a Geronimo developement

[my life]
At this time, I comment all unneeded components as example on production
site. It isn't a problem, just I don't find clean :)
[/my life]

Yes, I do the same, and certainly others as well...

Nicolas MALIN
Consultant
Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/