On 06/01/2012 01:53 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

On May 31, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Component/TenantComponent entities are defined in framework/entity.
However, that code does not use them.  entityext does.  They should be
moved to the later component.

+1

I've currently got org.ofbiz.entity.Main that can load a delegator,
without any of service or any other component loaded.  No entities are
defined in this mode, but the code does the correct thing.  I'm
planning on removing framework/entity/entitydef from the
ofbiz-component.xml, and force-loading these always-required entities.

Hmmmm.... if I understand correctly I am not sure I like it: the entity component
currently depends on "base" component as mostly all the other framework
components and before changing this we should discuss the architecture and motivations
for this change.

entity depends on geronimo and entityext components, because of defaults in the code and entityengine.xml. entityext depends on service.

One of the jira issues listed in the README in the new branch talks about having the entity engine as a standalone component. I'm almost there. I implemented a do-nothing eca handler(to remove the dep on entityext/service). Haven't yet done the transaction handler yet.

This would allow for api testing in a quick manner.