Yes, I was maybe abusing there indeed. But note that I did not add a tool in the repo, only added something to ignore it. This should be transparent to everybody.

Like for the desktop.ini entry in the .*ignore files I don't see a reason to not add a readymade patch for console.log. Again, it would be transparent to everybody, but convenient for those who want it.

I understand you want to keep things as clean as possible, but are we not going
too far in our slimdown crusade?

Now about the error.log, I will re-add it. I think it makes sense and is not
really complicating log4j2.xml.

Jacques