This is a really positive step.

On 24/11/2014 5:15 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Le 24/11/2014 10:34, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
On Nov 24, 2014, at 10:21 AM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

Le 23/11/2014 19:16, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Thank you Taher,

you are right about these dependencies and it is important that we keep the artifact that you have mentioned under applications. What confuses me is the fact that this commonext component should be loaded before the other application components (because it is used by them) but it is instead loaded as last; and in fact it extends some of the code from other application components: I suspect that the component contains some artifacts that we should moved elsewhere (e.g. to specialpurpose or to other applications, as mentioned by Pierre).
I had the same questions sometimes ago http://markmail.org/message/pd5ouy64lxbybr2m
In that email there is also a question for me that it was in my todo list since a long time: the short answer is that when I will move the bi component to specialpurpose that dependency will go away from framework.

The best way to go in my opinion (and I think it is inline with your proposal in that email, if I understand it correctly) is to clean the commonext component from dependencies on other application components (moving the dependency in other components) and then load the commonext component as the first component after framework. This should clean up the architecture and should open up to options like the one of having a component where the data model is defined and where core services are defined (for setups where only the framework and data model are required).

+1

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc