I think a bit about this today. There is one alternative. We could decide to let the future R13.07 releases as is the R13.07.01, ie without the specialpurpose components but ecommerce. And we would freeze a new branch where we would keep some of the specialpurpose components disabled, but not all, as Jacopo suggested.

Advantages: it's easy to do, we have not to collect and apply the specialpurpose bug fixes in trunk since 12329808. The R13.07 releases will be consistent, no need to explain to our users what happened between R13.07.01 and R13.07.02 Drawbacks: when we will deliver our next freezed branch releases our users could ask why now some of the specialpurpose components are back. But this is easy to explain. Of course the R13.07 releases will always miss the specialpurpose components but ecommerce.

We need to face it, removing the specialpurpose components but ecommerce was not a good idea. But putting them back in is a lot of work. So if our users really want to use the R13.07 releases will some specific the specialpurpose components it would be their own responsibility.

Opinions?

Jacques