That's quite an interesting proposition. I guess HotWax Systems already used it
in production?

Jacques

Le 27/02/2015 09:17, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Hi all,

in the last year, the research and development lab of HotWax Systems has
implemented a series of components and tools for OFBiz.
Some of them are ready-to-be-used applications and, in my opinion, would be a
good fit for OFBiz.

After discussing the topic internally, we believe that the community could
benefit from them and at the same time help to further improve them.

Accordingly, I would like to start by exploring with you the opportunity to
include in OFBiz our integration with Magento eCommerce platform.

Magento eCommerce (http://magento.com/products/overview) is a popular solution
for merchants; it is an open source product (but the company is owned by eBay).
In terms of features it competes with the OFBiz ecommerce component, but it is
easier to setup and with a shorter go to market.
For these reasons it is a good fit for small-medium merchants that need an
ecommerce store with no backend capabilities and it has a very large users base.

We realized that there could be a rather large group of merchants, already
using Magento for online sales, that may be interested in integrating it with a
powerful ERP system for the backend tasks (order fulfillment, accounting
etc...).

The integration component we have implemented has a nice user interface to
import categories, products, orders from Magento eCommerce and then synch
held/cancelled orders; there are screens to manage shipment options and product
store settings.

You can find some screenshot here:
http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/magento-integration-2.png
http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/magento-integration-3.png
http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/magento-integration-4.png
http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/magento-integration-5.png

Arun Patidar led the effort and is happy to provide additional details so
please feel free to ask any questions.

In my opinion this product could be integrated as a specialpurpose component,
but I am open to suggestions.

What do you think?