From an end-user point of view, I would like to see the PMC start with the mindset of "This feature/function/component is part of the "OFBiz product" and we will not release a new branch/version that does not include a fully functional and tested version of this component/feature."
as the criteria for accepting a new feature.

Anything that can not get this warranty from the PMC should be a separate sub-project with any warranty provided by the supporters/promoters of the particular feature/function/component.

This would clarify what people can expect and would reduce the confusion around releases where components shift in and out on a whim.

This means that people who want a new release have to understand that there is a set of functionality that may not affect them personally but still has to be integrated into a new release for the sake of the reputation of the product. If you add something that breaks something, you need to fix the thing that got broken or had its functionality impacted.

This might slow down the implementation of new features into the core OFBiz but it would be somewhat easier to get a new component into incubation as a feature with a limited warranty since the PMC would not have to consider the long-term maintenance until the component had the following to be considered as part of the "core" application. If it fails to work or get used, there is no impact on the core. If it does not get updated to the latest release, it does reflect badly on the core and does not hold up the core's progress.

Ron