On 04/20/2015 03:21 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:
On 4/20/2015 7:39 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
This is where I question whether it is a good idea to just replace the framework and leave all else as-is in OFBiz. I know very well that bringing this up is likely to stall the discussion and reduce the chances of OFBiz ever using Moqui, and the great thing for Moqui and OFBiz that it could be. Still, the effort required to do that migration is significant and IMO it would be far less effort to start with Moqui and Mantle and basically rewrite OFBiz to be a comprehensive business automation application suite, just as it is now, but cleaned up and streamlined for both developers and end-users in ways that are only dreamed of for OFBiz right now.

The discussions so far have been around just replacing the OFBiz framework with Moqui. There is a separate discussion going on about reorganizing higher level artifacts differently.

I was thinking we could create a thunk component to ease the transition to Moqui. The thunk component would map existing Java packages to the Moqui API, and then we can make changes to client code as time allows.

The maven shade plugin can remap java packages.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com