Hi all,

First to clarify things, OFBiz-france association goal is to promote Apache OFBiz into french speaking audience by giving references (information, classifications and links) to extensions (documentations, addons, patchs or packaged solution), maybe hosting some high quality not contributable extensions. Helping extensions' owner improving their quality to convert its into OFBiz contribution if possible, or referencing them for easy sharing of classified solutions. Creating a tool integrated into Apache OFBiz too manage and share anyone devs by implementing a new extension manager (http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/goxbqcgurpoy2yfp?q=ofbiz-fr without success for now :) )

Nereide Leverage of addon solutions, like you introduce is just an illustration of this process. Nereide as a member of the association will give as example some instance of extensions, hoping that other contribution and contributor will come (and be welcome).

I think that this git solution of *creating a consortium [...]* is quite different (even if i do not understand all the ins and out of it) and might be more comparable to ofbizextra effort, to give the ability for everyone to develop and share using a dedicated tool.

And because everything which is committed into Apache OFBiz project has to be validated, and development within Integrators Projects do not have the same rythm/pace, ofbizextra was created to store and share unfinished/specific/not ready quality wise devs and this has to be out of Apache OFBiz.

My personal opinion is (i'm not a git user), that SVN seems quite sufficient for Apache OFBiz needs. I remind me reading that there is already a git repository of the trunk branch so, if true, it can be used by contributor too make their devs using it. I'm not relevent evaluating git usage, but i do not feel a real problem using SVN.

In every case, contribution will have to be given within Jira to get into the project.

Best Regards

Gil