On 05/06/2015 09:52 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
On May 6, 2015, at 4:45 PM, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:

Gradle has to be installed before building ofbiz, so you couldn't use gradle to
install gradle.  And I'd prefer not to embed it directly.
The Groovy project has some scripts for this:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/gradlew

To restate, the reason I don't want maven, gradle, or ant embedded into ofbiz, is that there has been, um, issues, when it comes to using eclipse, and other tools, that *also* embed ant.

On this same vein, we don't embed the approved version of the jdk into ofbiz either.

With maven, gradle, and ivy, and more modern systems, the target has been to move away from embedding dependencies. It's even a best practice from ASF, as it then reduces the load on mirrors. So, take it to the logical conclusion, and don't embed the build system either.