+1

I think it would be strange to do a 1st release of 14.12 without moving from (then non-supported) Java 1.7 to 1.8.

Michael
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de

Am 07.05.15 um 09:58 schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
On May 7, 2015, at 9:52 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think that it is a question of using or not using J8. It is more
about when to move it into trunk, as from that moment on there will be
backward compatibility issues.
I think we could do it also in the 14.12 release branch because no releases
have been issued from it. And in this way it will be easier to backport future
fixes from trunk to 14.12 (an important factor because 14.12 will be maintained
for years, unless we change our release strategy).