Yes, we must support Java 8, but we absolutely have the choice to still
support Java 7 (i.e. no use of Java 8 only features yet)

IMHO there should be good reasons to use these Java 8 features (not just
because it's cool..)

It's not a big deal to update a developer machine to Java 8 (well, my
laptop still runs Kubuntu 12.04 ..) but it's another thing in (big)
companies (old operating systems, get approvals from security office etc...)

Christian