On Jun 12, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't agree that moving in this direction will convince our potential
> adopters to chose OFBiz. Having all entities in one component doestn't give
> them more choice. Neither does having all eecas in one component.
>
> Today it is already possible to have the entity definitions split up into
> multiple files to create more clarity as to what each component delivers.
> The same can be said for eecas and other services. Maybe we should embark
> on that, before we decide to move it all to one monolithical entity
> component.

The files will be split into business domain areas, not different from now; the
advantage is that the new component will make it easy to deploy a data model
only system (framework + data model) for the ones interested in building custom
applications on top of it.
Currently you cannot deploy a subset of the data model (e.g. accounting)
because the foreign key relationship between entities: the layout changes we
are discussing will not make this worse or better... you could still remove an
entity definition line in ofbiz-component.xml to disable some entities.

> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 11/06/2015 21:10, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
>>
>>> I would suggest adding other levels  to the structure so that
>>> specializations are easy to add without creating conflicts or constant flux
>>> as people alter the accounting-entitymodel.xml to suit their needs and
>>> submit it as the "right" version".
>>>
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> might be better structured as
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/demo/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/general/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/manufacturing/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>>
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/professionalServices/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/eCommerce/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>>
>>> It may be that the first specialization will be by country or region to
>>> get the vocabulary or regulatory compliance particularities separated
>>>
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/general/UK/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/general/NAFTA/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>>
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/general/NAFTA_MX/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/general/EU/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>>
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/demo/accounting-entitymodel.xml
>>> applications/datamodel/entitidef/demo/EU/accounting-entitymodel.xml