Hi,

At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7783 we recently had a
discussion with Taher about doing or not binary releases.

This is how the ASF defines a binary release
(http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what)

<<All releases are in the form of the source materials needed to make changes to the software being released. In some cases, binary/bytecode packages are also produced as a convenience to users that might not have the appropriate tools to build a compiled version of the source. In all such cases, the binary/bytecode package must have the same version number as the source release and may only add binary/bytecode files that are the result of compiling that version of the source code release.>>

So the question is simple (not the answer, you need to think ahead): do we want to do binary releases? It comes with some burden, does it worth it? No needs to rush an answer :)

If you want more information you can already look at the conversation we had
Pierre, Taher and I at OFBIZ-7783

Thanks