Hi Jacques,

The discussion we had in OFBIZ-7783 was basically around whether or not we
should have a task to copy the gradle dependencies into a certain
directory. We went through many discussions, the last one being that this
task might be needed for binary releases.

However, if you look at the reference that _you_ provided you will notice
that is says that you "may only add binary/bytecode files that are the
result of compiling that version of the source code release"

We are _NOT_ compiling any of the dependencies, instead, the build system
downloads them from jcenter in a precompiled form. In other words we cannot
include the dependencies in the binary releases anyway. So people must use
Gradle to download the dependencies, and so the whole purpose of the binary
release becomes unnecessary as you must have gradle and java installed on
your computer.

Taher Alkhateeb