Hi all,

This is really a good thread and I see lots of good discussions. I liked
inputs given by Taher to increase the adaptability of OFBiz.  Recently I
met few end users who are looking for Open Source ERP options, however they
are not choosing Apache OFBiz. When I asked Why ? I got few answers which
are inline with Taher's proposals. So my inputs on each of the items based
on User's feedbacks.

Branding:

Many users  start by searching on google. When they search "Open Source
ERP" , they see OFBiz no  where in 1st page of Google. I found it at 3rd
page. Users see Openbravo, Odoo and other options. So definitely branding
is an important thing. We need to improve SEO ranking of OFBiz . Success
stories on various social media platforms etc. This will definitely help
users to adapt OFBiz.

UI redesign:

I also agree with this point. I met many people who are using Odoo or
ERPNext  or Open Bravo. When I asked them why not OFBiz? They say that when
thy tried demo version of OFBiz, they did not like the UI. They said its
very old UI and they could not understand where to start with. And they
concluded that there must be no community work going on and OFBiz project
is now dead. These users I am talking about are not subscribed in dev
mailing list or even on user mailing list. So they don't know what work is
going on. So definitely UI is important thing to consider to increase the
adaptability of project.

Documentation:

No doubt organised documentation always help in adoption of any project.

Fully Restful:

At the same time I like the idea by Scott that we should also work in
making OFBiz fully Restful. Documenting APIs for service will help
developers to adopt the project. I agree that  it will not directly help
end users to adopt the project. However if we document APIs in a good way
and make them completely restful and work towards making OFBiz as Platform
as a Service, it might also attract developers to make their own web or
mobile apps on top of OFBiz. Which might create the buzz and eventually
increase adoption in user community.

Thanks
--
Divesh Dutta.