Very good initiative. I see lots of discussions of technology part. So I
will not add on that part. I would like to give some inputs on our approach
to make UI/UX of OFBiz better.

As Jacopo also suggested to take small step at a time, I would say we start
with one use story at a time and then improve UI and UX of that story. For
example: "CSR creates a sales order". We overhaul UI and UX of sales order
creation work flow and Order over view page. Once this is done, it will be
good POC for others to learn how to do UI overhaul. And then others can
participate by picking up other user stories . We can also prioritise user
stories and components.

Besides this , before writing code, we can finalise UI and UX of one
workflow by drawing some thing or preparing wireframes. Once we have
wireframes finalised, we can start writing code.

This will be lot of work to change UI and UX of whole OFBiz and starting
one user story at at time is good idea according to me. Having technologies
defined is important thing, however defining UX for particular workflow (on
paper or via wireframes) is also important.

Thanks
--
Divesh Dutta.