Try and be patient Jacques, I'm also having trouble understanding what you
are saying.

Here's what I've been able to understand so far:
- Pre-gradle OFBiz tests run fine on buildbot
- Gradle OFBiz fails on buildbot with a complaint that the default ports
are in use
- The test framework in OFBiz has never supported port offset
- Jacques thinks that maybe using a port offset for tests will fix the
problem but he's unsure why

Is that mostly correct Jacques?
Is there a possibility that buildbot isn't correctly shutting down OFBiz
from the previous test run and the ports are being left open?  Just a
guess, I don't know much about buildbot but that's the usual cause of the
default ports being unavailable in my experience.

Regards
Scott

On 30 January 2017 at 21:08, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
wrote:

> Come on Taher,
>
> As I said below (my last message) BuildBot is only revealing a symptom.
>
> I already explained in this thread http://markmail.org/message/h4
> i7cn4i2btugdwn:
>
> <<Prior to Gradle migration we were not using the 8080 port during tests.
> For instance we could have an OFBiz instance running, playing with its UI
> and then run tests on another instance or vice-versa.
> This is no longer possible because now the port 8080 (and others) are kept
> open while running tests. So far it was only a "small" annoyance, but it's
> now blocking BuildBot because infra puppetized the BuildBot slaves
> https://s.apache.org/pWQD.>>
>
> I suggest that you test by yourself to be convinced.
>
> I also wrote in this same email <<Before anything else, I will though ask
> infra why Tomcat is always running on these hosts...>>
>
> I did, now waiting their answer... and focusing on other matters in the
> meantime...
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 29/01/2017 à 14:27, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>
>> What does gradle have to do with blocking these ports? This is stuff
>> related to Tomcat. There is nothing in both ant and gradle that has
>> anything to do with these ports afaik.
>>
>> On Jan 29, 2017 4:16 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Taher,
>>>
>>> I did not say that "ant run-tests" can use portoffset. Indeed it's not,
>>> and I was overzealous when, long ago and yesterday in r1780660, I changed
>>> the Java code of tests for that (related with portoffset). Because I did
>>> not change how the tests are running in pre Gradle versions. Actually I
>>> was
>>> then unsure and preferred to cover all cases. So, I repeat: we never
>>> use/block ports (at least 8080 and I guess 8443) when running tests in
>>> pre
>>> Gradle versions.
>>>
>>> For instance if you look for
>>>
>>> f_ofb_15.addStep(Compile(command=["ant" , "load-demo"],
>>> and