Hi YunHee,

Looking at: http://s.apache.org/coZ I think you need to define the environment
variable
FILEMGR_LOC, so that PushPull knows how to communicate with File Manager to
determine whether or not you have already ingested a product that it is trying
to download.
Alternatively, you can remove the:

# ingester filemgr url
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.url=[FILEMGR_LOC]

property from your push_pull_framework.properties file and you should be set.

Cheers,
Chris

On Jul 29, 2012, at 6:45 AM, YunHee Kang wrote:

> [...]
>> i have put the fixes into the trunk... if you just check out the latest
>> trunk and mvn install it (make sure you check out more than just
>> cas-pushpull, because if protocol-ftp doesn't get reinstalled your
>> cas-pushpull mvn install will pick up the last mvn installed version of the
>> protocol-ftp 0.5 in your local maven repository... another thing to note,
>> you probably should utilize the environment variables in place in the
>> pushpull config files because if you ever decide to move your install you
>> are going to have to change all the paths in your configuration files
>> instead of just being able to change environment variables (if you have any
>> question about that let me know)... again if you run into any road blocks
>> just hit up the list and sorry about the bumpy road of getting pushpull up
>> and running... it should be good to go now though (it downloads the files on
>> my machine at least... lol).
>>
>> -brian
>>
>> On Jul 27, 2012, at 10:56 AM, YunHee Kang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brain,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately  your patch didn't fix the problem.   I got the same
>>> error message before:
>>> SEVERE: Failed to finish downloading per property files
>>> /home/yhkang/oodt/cas-pushpull/etc/examples/DirStructXmlParserFiles/TESL2CO2.xml
>>> : null
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.validate(FileRetrievalSystem.java:368)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.changeToDir(FileRetrievalSystem.java:312)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.changeToDir(FileRetrievalSystem.java:301)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalmethod.RemoteCrawler.processPropFile(RemoteCrawler.java:104)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.RetrievalSetup.retrieveFiles(RetrievalSetup.java:109)
>>>       at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.Daemon$1.run(Daemon.java:218)
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>>> Jul 28, 2012 2:31:32 AM org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.Daemon sleep
>>>
>>> First of all,  I replaced  CommonsNetFtpProtocol.java with new one
>>> that you modified as follows:
>>> ftp.retrieveFile(fromFile.getName(), os);
>>>  /*
>>>  if (ftp.retrieveFile(fromFile.getName(), os))// {
>>>        throw new ProtocolException("Failed to download file "
>>>                              + fromFile.getName());
>>>         // }
>>>
>>>   */
>>> Next  I rebuild a new jar file  cas-protocol-ftp-0.4.jar and then
>>> copied it to  lib directory:
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 yhkang yhkang 17279 2012-07-28 02:09 cas-protocol-ftp-0.4.jar
>>> ls -al  cas-protocol-ftp-0.4.jar
>>>
>>> I am wondering that there is difference between  the following codes(1 and
>>> 1)  ftp.retrieveFile(fromFile.getName(), os);
>>> 2)    if (ftp.retrieveFile(fromFile.getName(), os))// {
>>>        throw new ProtocolException("Failed to download file "
>>>                              + fromFile.getName());
>>>         // }
>>>
>>> Will you let me know  if the method get()  in the
>>> CommonsNetFtpProtocol.java was called when pushpull was run ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Yunhee

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist