Hi Brian,

> Also, if you want to turn off filemgr communication you should only comment
> out the following property:
>
> org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.url

If I turned off the property that is related with filemgr mentioned
above, there was no problem to download a file from remote site. I
also checked the file was in the staging area:
$ ls
TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5
TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5.info.tmp

I found an extra file named
"TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5.info.tmp". I think the
extra file was generated by oodt.
Please let me know what the file is.

I also have a question about pushpull script.
The pushpull script has been running without termination even if the
file was completely downloaded.
Is it working well ?

> Let's go this route instead... don't worry about the mime-types.xml files...
> in your push_pull_framework.properties file just modify the following
> property to the following:
>
> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.allow.only.defined.types=false
I modified the value of the property mentioned above to false.
It didn't give an answer to fix  my problem.

> does your filemgr have any products ingested?
Yes it does.
I  tried to test that my filemgr have a text file that was ingested.

 $./filemgr-client.sh
Aug 1, 2012 10:26:54 AM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient <init>
INFO: Loading File Manager Configuration Properties from:
[../etc/filemgr.properties]
ingestProduct: Result: fb44d9a8-db77-11e1-a6d8-abc525326b84
I used the filemgr-client.sh as follows:
#!/bin/sh
./filemgr-client --url http://localhost:8000 --operation  --ingestProduct --prod
uctName blahProduct --productStructure Flat  --productTypeName GenericFile  --me
tadataFile file:///home/yhkang/oodt-0.5/cas-filemgr/bin/blah.txt.met
--refs file://
/home/yhkang/oodt/cas-filemgr/bin/blah.txt

But I am not sure that the the file was ingested well.  Because I
can't get a result by the following query:
./query_tool --url http://localhost:8000  --lucene -query
CAS.ProductType:GenericFile
As you can see, I used  8000 as the port number of my filemgr.
Let me know if there is a problem in the query.

I am sorry to give you too many questions.

Thanks,
Yunee