On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/1/11 Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
>
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> > > Your personal opinions on the people involved (I admit I have very
> little
> > > context, I only had the time to read the discussion here but nothing
> > else so
> > > far) are best kept separated from the important fact, that is that
> > > apparently incorrect information is being circulated about the benefits
> > that
> > > the Symphony donation is bringing to OpenOffice and to the
> > free/open-source
> > > software world in general.

> > > People don't care to look, unfortunately... But I definitely agree that
> > this
> > > listing is impressive, as it is this page:
> > >

> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Fidelity_Improvement_Since_AOO341
> > >
> > > If you manage to co-author a blog post with Shenfeng Liu (or someone
> else
> > > from the former Symphony team) about the integrated fixes/features,
> this
> > > will be an important service to the OpenOffice users. But please, let's
> > do
> > > it because it's important in itself and because it's clearly overdue
> > (aside
> > > from a brief mention in the "top 10 questions" posts), not because
> > someone
> > > feels the need to address some particular wrong or misleading claim.
> > >

> > Clarifying the facts where misinformation is being spread is part of
> > the necessary communications that any project needs to engage in.  We
> > saw that as a podling, when the ASF itself addressed misinformation
> > regarding this project.  Now this is our responsibility.
> >
> > Of course, misinformation about insubstantial matters is best ignored.
> >  But where misinformation is propagated about substantial project
> > operations, then that is sufficient motivation for the contents and
> > timing of a post to correct such misinformation.
> >
> > In any case, pointing out the lie on this list already gives 90% of
> > the benefit, since such FUD cannot survive the light of day.  A blog
> > post is unnecessary.
> >

> IMHO, we can consider a blog post about our progress on the 4.0 release,
> including the contents we are working on, e.g. fidelity,
> performance&reliability, accessibility, usability, enhanced platform
> support... Symphony's contribution is part of this story.
> If we decided to post it, I'd like to be the co-author.
> Thanks!
>
> - Shenfeng (Simon)

Yes, this is a good idea! I would suggest we wait until the 3.4.1 re-spin
is done on Jan 24th to do this, though.

I could have sworn that when we put out the blog post on Nov. 21 for
Marketing volunteers that we had a link in to the release planning for 4.0
-- this would be
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning--
but I don't see a link now looking at:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/.

 So, hmmm....maybe a new blog on 4.0 status would help?

> > -Rob
> >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Andrea.

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop