On 11/01/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
In any case, pointing out the lie on this list already gives 90% of
the benefit, since such FUD cannot survive the light of day.  A blog
post is unnecessary.

Regardless of what prompted the discussion here, a specific blog post about what the Symphony contribution specifically has meant for OpenOffice would probably be very informative for our users.

It would also be a nice way to show that formerly proprietary code was incorporated in OpenOffice and is now available to other products that can integrate it (and actually, in a few cases, probably already did).

Of course, no need to post it today, and especially no need to post it with the aim of refuting misleading claims... I'm just saying that the discussion here suggested that the Symphony contribution in itself is worth to be properly acknowledged and get exposure.

Regards,
  Andrea.