On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13 March 2013 21:50, Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What is this supposed to be? In that way sounds like a repository of
> > > builds done by developers, but my English sucks, I might be wrong.
> > >

> > i also have no idea what it should be. We will have regular dev builds
> and
> > will replace them with newer ones, that's it. I don't see demand for
> > storing different dev builds.
> >

> The only exception is when qa start using a dev build, then at least the
> need to remember the svn version, in order to be able to rebuild it. I am
> aware that qa normally uses snapshot builds, but if I understood correctly
> the ia2 test will be based on developers build.
>
> But I also see no need for a real repository.
>
> rgds
> jan I.

ditto from me.

In times past, there was a clear distinction between "developer" vs
"production" depositories for OpenOffice, but no more. Well more or less.
We move "production" cuts to their own repositories for bug fixes/updates
specific to that release. But what we have in "/trunk" is our developer
repository if you will.

It is up to current developers to test out their changes locally and
discuss them on this list before committing changes that would
significantly  affect the current trunk area I would say. That is basically
the course of action I have seen here.

And I don't think we need to consume any more of Apache resources with
something like this either.

> > Juergen
> > >

> > > Regards
> > > --
> > > Ariel Constenla-Haile
> > > La Plata, Argentina

MzK

"Achieving happiness requires the right combination of Zen and Zin."