On 26 April 2013 20:41, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/26/13 8:10 PM, janI wrote:
> > On 26 April 2013 18:52, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> released

> >> we,

> >> solid.
> >>>

> >> Then all the more reason for someone who cares to enter an issue into
> >> BZ for this.  Don't you agree?
> >>

> > I have not seen BZ yet for problems/shortcomming with new features in
> > development (e.g. where are the detailed outstandings of IA2, jsc 3 layer
> > change etc). The help/documentation issue is part of the general sidebar
> > development, but of course  we can make one big extra BZ for the 4.0
> > release just to please the administrative overhead.
>
> well I had at least one issue for my 3 layer work and got a second one
> for a problem that I introduced. I will create more top finish the SDK
> adoption. An of course I would prefer indeed issues for all many more
> changes.
>

> > making BZ for problems/missing with ongoing development is highly
> > problematic, I could f.x. make about 10 BZ for genLang, and I am pretty
> > sure the sidebar developers/documenters/testers could make about at least
> > 100 BZ if they wanted to. It would simply flood BZ, make real problems
> > harder to spot, and put an extra burden on the people doing the work.  I
> > f.x. have a simply list with my outstandings,which is quite normal during
> > the development/initial test phase.
> we have indeed many issues now for the sidebar to document the problems.
> Problems from very trivial to more complex and not easy to solve.
> Missing help is of course one that should be tracked with an issue. As
> release manager I will of course not accept it as showstopper if we have
> no issue. And even then it has to be discussed.
>
> We had again a lot of discussion and nobody started to solve the
> problem. I have at least tried to collect some info about the format and
> the tooling. And Ariel provided a patch that will help with extended
> tooltips. But nobody started work on a help file so far.
>
> If somebody will veto the release because of a missing help file you can
> be sure that I will never ever acting as release manager again.

According to ASF rules a veto cannot be vetoed...release manager needs to
say go, with min. 3 PMCs.

In general the vote is a majority vote for releases, so even if e.g. I was
to vote -1 it would not have a big effect...but stay rested I will not be
the show stopper.

Unless I read the rules really wrong.

rgds
Jan I