On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 07:07:15PM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> >> I think you need to be far more specific about your concern.  In
> >> fact, please enter a BZ for what you think is lacking.  We can
> >> triage that along with the other bugs.  There a keyword in BZ for
> >> suggesting something is  "stop ship" bug and in the past we seek
> >> consensus on that designation on the dev list.   But I just tried
> >> AOO 4.0 and when I hit F1 when in the side panel I get the online
> >> help. When I am in a specific panel I get help for the specific
> >> panel.
> >
> > This would be rather surprising, because any of the new help IDs
> > introduced by the sidebar are referenced in any of the help files.
> > You might well be seeing the Online Help, but not with the help page
> > that belongs to the respective panel, as it does not exist.
> >

> I know what I saw, but thanks for questioning it.

Who was questioning? I was simply pointing a fact.

> For example, load Writer, go to side panel, open the "Styles
> & Formatting" section.  Click F1.  It launches help directly to the
> "Styles & Formatting" page.  Go to the "Gallery" section of the
> sidebar.  Click F1.  It loads help, directly to the Gallery page of
> the help.

You are choosing the wrong examples. Please read above: "any of the
*new* help IDs introduced by the sidebar are referenced in any of the
help file". Export HELP_DEBUG=1 or read the source code, and you'll
understand. I also pointed to this already, in this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/264qyz2cwdd5brbg (look at the screenshots,
too).

> This is Windows 7 with r1466899.  If you are seeing something else, or
> a particular context where it is not working (quite possible), then
> I'd recommend an issue in BZ.  Not to violate your human rights or
> anything like that.  But because that is where we report bugs.

Thanks for the information, I already know it (I see my mail several
times here https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_activity.cgi?id=121420 ;)
)

Regards
--