On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Rajath Shashidhara
<rajaths.raja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Juergen,
>
> Thank you for your previous mail.
>
> If I create a CMIS UCP for OpenOffice:
> What are the functions it is expected to have?
>
> As in open/close/modify are the basic functions it is supposed to have.
> But, modify to what extent?
>
> My questions might be too basic. Sorry.
> I would like to access the source code of previously made UCP's.
> Where can I find them?

It is a a public holiday in Germany today (May 1st Labor Day) so
Juergen may be slow to respond.

You might look at the Apache Chemistry guide here for an overview of
the functionality on that end:

http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/guide.html

It is more than just read/write.  There is the initial
authentication/connection, listing available files and folders,
navigating through folder hierarchies, creating folders, as well as
reading and writing files.  Of course, permissions might be setup to
allow or disallow any of these.  So you might need to react to the
case where a user can read and write in one folder but finds another
folder is read-only.  And what about when creating a new document?
Should we allow setting of initial permissions then?  Also, deleting a
file or folder is something to think about.

So how to decide?  One approach might be to set up your own CMIS
server and try connecting to it from other client UI's.  What do they
do well?  What doesn't work well?  Based on that investigation you
might have a better idea.

-Rob