On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:25:54AM +0530, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
> Hello Ariel,
>
> So if a document of unsupported type is selected for editing,
> The UCB will automatically reject it / display an error message.

It's not the UCB, but a higher layer, that we usually call the
application framework, and is in charge of loading documents, with all
the things it implies.

Let's say that the user wants to open a CMIS content, your CMIS UCP will
be queried for this content. At this step, you connect to the CMIS
repository (if authentication is required, it is handled by the usual
mechanism of the css.task.InteractionHandler).

If the content exists, and it is a document, your CMIS content will be
asked to execute the "open" command (see the Basic code I posted in the
mail above). You simply provide a stream. You don't have to take care of
what happens from this point.

> I don't have to do the filtering then?

What do you mean by filtering? At this lower level, you simply handle
UCB contents that can execute commands.

You don't even display any error message. All error handling at the UCP
level is done by throwing exceptions and using the interaction handler
mechanism.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile