Am 07/04/2013 11:05 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Dave Fisher<dave2w...@comcast.net>  wrote:

On Jul 4, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Pedro Marquez wrote:

Dear Sir:

I´ve been trying to download the OpenOffice software from:
http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/

However, it always respond with:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/es/3.4
.
1/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_Win_x86_install_es.exe/download

Server not found

I´ve asked to my systems administrator about, and he tells me that the
security system “Fortinet” we use blocks it. What can I do?

(1) You can download from here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/es/3.4.1/

But you don't get the mirror system offered by sourceforge.net to our
project (and many other non-Apache.)

(2) Ask Fortinet or your admin to whitelist sourceforge.net.

----

Marcus/Kay - Have we thought more about offering downloads from the Apache
Mirror system for these exceptional cases?

No, up to today there were really just very few complains about downloads that do not work due to network restrictions of companies or ISPs.

But ...

Well, we can certainly think about it now. Marcus is really the lead in
this. Maybe it would be as simple as changing the description of the
alternate link from:

*Get all platforms, languages, language packs*

*Problems downloading? Get all platforms, languages, language packs.*

and offer

http://www.apache.org/dist<http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/es/3.4.1/>

as another alternative...somewhere

... yes, somewhere else is good because the green box is already full enough of additional links, of course IMHO. :-)

I could think of a section on the "other.html" webpage:

- Another entry in the TOC
- Some text and link to the Apache server below the tables
- Additionally a link on the main download webpage,
 in link bar on the right

It's good that you sent this. I for one had forgotten that we need to
change this link off "incubator" for 4.0. It needs to be added to our 4.0
tasks.

Too late ;-) , it's already gone as we can see with the current snapshot builds.

Marcus