On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/7/14 Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
>
> > Has anyone installed in Linux over old 3.4 yet? Please let us know how
> that
> > went if you did.
> >
> > Also, if you have and keep LO, what happened with that situation?
> >

> That's highly distro dependant: on openSUSE both can live side by side
> without problems, but AFAIK on *buntu it's almost impossible to use AOO and
> the distro's LibO.
>
> Vanilla LibO and AOO can live together without problems.
>
> BTW, I installed 4.0 on openSUSE using the freedesktop integration instead
> of the suse's specific rpm, and it works great.
>
> Regards
> Ricardo

Thanks to you both. @Ricardo -- yes, I use freedesktop on opensuse as well
instead of the suse-desktop because locations are more current since
opensuse 11.x.

@Alexandro -- I meant with the new 4.0 download, what were your
experiences. This is what I am concerned with now esp since all old 3.x
gets deleted, etc.