On 7/12/13 11:11 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the following release candidate as
> Apache OpenOffice 4.0. This will be an important release for Apache
> OpenOffice with bigger visible UI changes. It is a key milestone to
> continue the success of OpenOffice.
>
> This release candidate provides the following important changes compared
> to former OpenOffice releases:
>
> (1) a major UI change/improvement by introducing a new sidebar concept
> where the idea is the comes from IBM's Symphony. It's the combination of
> reimplementing a complete new framework for sidebars and merging the
> existing sidebar in impress and code of various content panels from the
> Symphony grant in OpenOffice.
>
> (2) 190 fixes from Symphony are merged and integrated, mainly
> interoperability issues
>
> (3) 600 defects are fixed
>
> (4) many more features and improvements are integrated
>
> For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Notes.
> But keep in mind that the release notes are not yet final and will be
> updated and polished ...
>
> The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 23 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshot
>
> The related RAT scan for this RC can be found under
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/aoo-4.0.0_rat/aoo-4.0.0_rat-output.html
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO400, revision 1502185!
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.0.
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    UTC at noon on Monday, 15 July: 2013-07-15 12:00 UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.0
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1 for releasing this RC as AOO 4.0

I have made many tests on my own, including a complete build of the src
release under MacOS and verifying the signature etc.

We can always do better and can fix more bugs but the overall situation
will not change. It will be always the same.

Please continue to verify translations and improve it, it's not wasted
time. These improvements will go in the next release. The same for the
new file type and application icons. We should continue the good work
and should integrate it asap on trunk.

Juergen