On 9/10/13 6:21 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 09.09.2013 15:10, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> Hi Clarence,

>>> My build is finished now. It still shows the error, that TRUE and FALSE
>>> cannot be formatted to show currency. The format dialog and the sidebar
>>> property say, that the cell format is "Currency", but the cell itself
>>> shows TRUE and FALSE.
>>>
>>> I have build the version r1520602 with your patch applied. I have used
>>> MSVC 2008 express.
>>>

>> Please have a look at the issue.
>> I have provided my findings and an alternative solution.
>
> I've started a new build and will report my results in the issue.
>
> Besides solving this concrete issue, I think, it might be worth to
> re-think about using format code strings at all. The file format itself
> knows no format codes, but they are resolved to styles and conditional
> styles in ODF. Using such styles and conditional styles directly in core
> and UI would give more flexibility than the current format codes and
> eliminate conversion errors.

this sounds interesting but I believe such a change is better made in
4.1 or what do you think? The risk to introduce new regressions is high,
isn't it.

What is the impact for the user or is there an impact at all for our
users. Of course I am no expert in this area, so excuse potential stupid
questions.

Juergen