On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 22 October 2013 16:41, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittm...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 22.10.2013 10:04, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it's really daunting that nobody cares!
>>>

>> I care, but only as a user of our Bugzilla instance being frustrated when
>> I need Bugzilla in the morning (European time zone).
>>
>> It seems that we need to involve ASF Infra as I do not believe that this
>> scheduled outage every day is controlled by us.
>>

> Just checked, there are no outstanding issues with aoo-bz, except its very
> slow because it has not yet had the db moved. The "scheduled outage" is
> unknown, but could be the backup which runs very early morning (europe
> time).
>
> rgds
> jan I.
>
> Ps. once again it was suggested that we move to jira.

So for argument's sake, and speaking purely hypothetically, what are
the pros and cons of moving to JIRA?  It is worth at least discussing
whether this would be something worth looking into.

==Con==

1. Assume migration of new bugs would be imperfect.  But maybe not so
bad.  We have many attachments, comments, etc., but the comments are
all plain text, not rich text.

2. New tool to learn for volunteers.  But many of us know JIRA also.

3. Would require some time to migrate, from Infra and from BZ admins

4. ???

==Pro==

1. Performance/stability?   I assume that is why Infra was suggesting this?

2. Agile features that help with release planning

3. Anything else ???

Regards,

-Rob