Hello,

I have come to the conclusion that OpenOffice cannot be configured (at least
easily)
to compile with GNU g++ under Solaris. So I have tried Solaris Studio.  Now I am
getting the following error message:

=============
Building module soltools
=============

Entering /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/soltools/mkdepend

Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/collectdircontent.cxx
"/extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/soltools/mkdepend/collectdircontent.hxx",
 line 6: Error: Could not open include file<set>.
......... Many lines deleted .............
"/extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/soltools/mkdepend/collectdircontent.cxx",
 line 4: Error: Cannot use const char* to initialize int.
Compilation aborted, too many Error messages.
dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../unxsoli4.pro/obj/collectdircontent.obj'

1 module(s):
    soltools
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/soltools/mkdepend

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by
running:

    build --all:soltools

Since I have manually compiled the mkdepend tool, it seems to me that the
problem here is that the make
script forces the C compiler to compile a C++ file, which of course is a bug. I
would really appreciate it
if someone would tell me either how to "convince" the make script that the
binary has been build (I have
no knowledge of dmake!) or how to fix the building script to choose the correct
compiler for the corresponding
source file.

Regards,

A.S.