On 27 November 2013 23:09, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος
<asyropoulos...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> > As with any makefile, the whole chain is checked, and when you are  in
> > soltools/mkdepend it check the object files against the source, and the
> exe
> > against the object files.
> >
> > I work on changing the build system, and I often "cheat" the make system
> by
> > doing "touch <obj file>", that way its not rebuilt.
>
> No it is not working. Here are the contents of the folder:
>
> $ pwd
> /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/soltools/mkdepend
> $ ls
> collectdircontent.cxx  cppsetup.o  imakemdep.h    make_makedepend  parse.o
> collectdircontent.hxx  def.h       include.c    makefile.mk     pr.c
> collectdircontent.o    ifparser.c  include.o    mkdepend     pr.o
> collectdircontent.obj  ifparser.h  main.c    mkdepend.man
> cppsetup.c           ifparser.o  main.o    parse.c
>
> Of course it is quite possible that I am doing something wrong...

I dont know how you managed to get that directory.

the build system never add files or changes in the source directories. When
I look in
main/soltools/mkdepend on my system (after a complete build):

cd mkdepend/
ls
collectdircontent.cxx  def.h       imakemdep.h  makefile.mk   pr.c
collectdircontent.hxx  ifparser.c  include.c    mkdepend.man
cppsetup.c             ifparser.h  main.c       parse.c

you find .o files in soltools/unxlngx6.pro/obj

unxlngx6.pro has different names on different platforms.

rgds
jan I.

yes dave? pwd