Hi,

On 23.02.2014 15:10, LOH KOK HOE wrote:
As I read the partial build guideline, I'm a bit confuse on the build
step. When I done my changes on the sw module, can I specifically just
building the sw module only. I see there is a Makefile under the sw
module, can I just issue `make` command right under this directory to
build the sw module? Or may be there isn't a simple process by simply
calling the `make` will get the job done.

AOO build system more or less is based on 'dmake', but a couple of years ago a project started to migrate to 'make'. Somehow the project is called 'gbuild' and module sw has been already migrated to it. Thus yes - as given at [1] - migrated modules are built via command 'make -sr'.

I'm not sure how the build process going to be, I'm expecting some
output or a physical file generate after the build complete. Where could
I grab this output file and where should I move/plug it into the core
module, thus when I launch OpenOffice, I could see my changes immediately.

One of the main differences to modules still on 'dmake' is that 'gbuild' modules no longer have a local output directory. All the output is found in main/solver/* - at the similar locations as the 'deliver' of 'dmake' modules copies it to.

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Compatible_Build

BTW, I suppose to see an executable file generate after the build (if I
still remember correctly there is an executable file called soffice
which will launch OpenOffice), but now I couldn't find it, where does it
keep?

You can also found it in main/solver/. If I remember it correct it is one of the outputs of module desktop - but I am not sure. But the directory structure in main/solver/ does not correspond to the one of an installed OpenOffice. Thus, you can not simply run it :-(

You can use configure option --with-package-format to add the special package format 'installed'. Then, in the output directory of module instsetoo_native an installed OpenOffice is created. Its directory structure is the one of an installed OpenOffice and you can directly execute this OpenOffice instance.

Best regards, Oliver.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann