On 27 February 2014 21:59, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 02/27/2014 09:31 PM, schrieb i...@raphaelbircher.ch:
>
>  Hi at all
>>
>> Zitat von jan i <j...@apache.org>:
>>
>>  On 27 February 2014 16:58, Vladislav Stevanovic <
>>> stevanovicvladis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Is it too late for update Serbian language?

>>> just for my understanding, dont we need to vote on the beta as well as
>>> the
>>> release. We send the beta out to general public, that would normally
>>> require a vote (might be a fast one).
>>>

>> I wouldn't make a beta as a RC. After a Beta you have normaly several
>> showstopers to fix. I recall, RC = Release Candidate wich means, that we
>> assume the build is ready for release. Beta... wait two or tree weeks
>> fix showstoppers, and then a RC. And the important tests are not the one
>> in the RC, the important tests are at the build befor RC. Else we make
>> the same mess as in the 4.0.0.
>>

> RC means (at least for me) that you are done with that what you planned
> for the coming release. At the moment we can nearly ready for the Beta
> Release. So making a RC to get it out.
>
> Later in the calendar we do another RC when we think 4.1.0 is ready for
> public use as final release.
>
> You can name different release builds as RC - depending on what you want
> to archive with them - which is more or less only internally relevant. I
> think this is what Juergen wanted to express.

the names are less important to me than the votes. Juergens schedule
suggested only 1 vote, but it seems I am not the only one who expect (at
least) 2 votes (one for Beta and one for GA).

I agree with Rob, that the word "release" is confusing, and the term "GA"
more precise for our purpose.

rgds
jan I.