On 27/02/2014 jan i wrote:
just for my understanding, dont we need to vote on the beta as well as the
release. We send the beta out to general public, that would normally
require a vote (might be a fast one).

Everything has already been clarified well, i.e.,
1) We vote on a thing that Juergen proposes to make available as "OpenOffice 4.1 beta" -> We make the Beta available for download 2) We vote, a few weeks later, on a thing that Juergen proposes to make available as "OpenOffice 4.1" -> We make 4.1 officially available for download but, for other people reading this list (I know you know), a "fast" vote cannot be anything less than the usual 72-hours voting procedure, unless we are so fast to gather feedback from everybody in less than 72 hours. So the two votes are formally identical, even if the second one will surely impact more users and will require that we consider stoppers more carefully.

Regards,
  Andrea.