On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 05/03/2014 11:10 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>
>  Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html
>>>

>> It is progressing very nicely!
>>
>>  What is working:
>>> - Filesizes are shown for selected full install + langpack.
>>> - Checksum links are shown for selected full install + langpack.
>>>

>> If I select Windows, Italian, 4.1.0 the MD5 checksum link is broken:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.1/binaries/it/
>> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Win_x86_langpack_it.exe.md5
>>
>> (note: 4.0.1 in first part of URL, 4.1.0 in second part)
>>

> right, all checksum links were broken as the wrong base URL to Apache Dist
> was used. Fixed now.
>

>  - When choices are done a little help icon is shown. Click on it to get
>>> to a help text for "full install vs. langpack".
>>>

>> The two download buttons should then be styled appropriately (classic
>> green button), since they are not very visible now. But as you said, all
>> graphic style can be reviewed. And indeed we could replace the green box
>> entirely, by just pre-filling the selection with guessed values.
>>

> Yes, this will be the final result. Then we can look at the design.

This is looking very good and working pretty well for me. I can't wait to
see the final outcome! :)

Ok, one little suggestion. I think it would be nice to have the Sourceforge
"icon" actually used in the top green DL box instead of off to the side --
with a link to Sourceforge from that. Maybe we could get a slightly smaller
version?

one more comment below...

>  I like the idea of an icon for explanations, but I would use an
>> information sign (circled "i") there rather than the question mark,
>> which seems to explain an error.
>>

> OK, I will change it.
>

>  What is not yet working:
>>> - The version dropdown box has no effect yet but it shows already how
>>> it could work (likely).
>>>

>> Indeed, selecting "Mac OS X 32-bit" offers 4.1.0 too, but I think this
>> is under control.
>>

> Luckily it's the 64-bit file that is offered. ;-) But, yes, as soon as the
> version selection is working, this exception has to be tested.
>

>  - I've not tested with all browsers. So, maybe something is not working.
>>>

>> Works fine for me, I tested with Firefox.
>>

> Thanks
>

>  So, please have a look and don't hesitate to comment.
>>>

>> I would remove the "Reset" button too. It is useless (except for our
>> tests!) and it looks too much like something the visitor should click
>> upon just after selecting the version...
>>

> Really? I'm pretty sure that the today's Internet users know what happens
> when clicking on a button with the name "Reset" which is positioned
> directly below such input and control fields.
>
> So, let's see what others think.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the Reset button either. Maybe
remove it ?

OK, tested with Firefox 29...all good with my Linux-32 setup.

Good job and thanks for all your work on this.