Am 05/04/2014 06:33 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

Am 05/03/2014 11:10 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:

  Marcus (OOo) wrote:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html

It is progressing very nicely!

  What is working:
- Filesizes are shown for selected full install + langpack.
- Checksum links are shown for selected full install + langpack.

If I select Windows, Italian, 4.1.0 the MD5 checksum link is broken:

http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.1/binaries/it/
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Win_x86_langpack_it.exe.md5

(note: 4.0.1 in first part of URL, 4.1.0 in second part)

right, all checksum links were broken as the wrong base URL to Apache Dist
was used. Fixed now.

  - When choices are done a little help icon is shown. Click on it to get
to a help text for "full install vs. langpack".

The two download buttons should then be styled appropriately (classic
green button), since they are not very visible now. But as you said, all
graphic style can be reviewed. And indeed we could replace the green box
entirely, by just pre-filling the selection with guessed values.

Yes, this will be the final result. Then we can look at the design.

This is looking very good and working pretty well for me. I can't wait to
see the final outcome! :)

Thanks :-)

Another comment for the [Reset] button below.

Ok, one little suggestion. I think it would be nice to have the Sourceforge
"icon" actually used in the top green DL box instead of off to the side --
with a link to Sourceforge from that. Maybe we could get a slightly smaller
version?

one more comment below...

  I like the idea of an icon for explanations, but I would use an
information sign (circled "i") there rather than the question mark,
which seems to explain an error.

OK, I will change it.

  What is not yet working:
- The version dropdown box has no effect yet but it shows already how
it could work (likely).

Indeed, selecting "Mac OS X 32-bit" offers 4.1.0 too, but I think this
is under control.

Luckily it's the 64-bit file that is offered. ;-) But, yes, as soon as the
version selection is working, this exception has to be tested.

  - I've not tested with all browsers. So, maybe something is not working.

Works fine for me, I tested with Firefox.

Thanks

  So, please have a look and don't hesitate to comment.

I would remove the "Reset" button too. It is useless (except for our
tests!) and it looks too much like something the visitor should click
upon just after selecting the version...

Really? I'm pretty sure that the today's Internet users know what happens
when clicking on a button with the name "Reset" which is positioned
directly below such input and control fields.

So, let's see what others think.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the Reset button either. Maybe
remove it ?

Now that I've combined the functionalities "select your favorite build" and "pre-filled with browser guessed values" I also think it's no longer needed - and gives some more space for 2 new download buttons.

OK, tested with Firefox 29...all good with my Linux-32 setup.

Good job and thanks for all your work on this.

Weekend is over, so next updates take more time. So, stay tuned.

Marcus