Hello Deborah,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 01:49:35PM +0530, Deborah Digges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a *4th year* Computer Science student. As a part of a course
> - "The Architecture of Open source technologies", I am required to
> contribute to an open source project.
>
> The project is needed to be done by a team of *3 members*.The semester
> ends by* November*, so that gives me *three months* to work on the
> project. The course requires us to work *8 hours a week*. Also, the
> course emphasizes on making code contributions.
>
> I am familiar with C,C++ and python, and I am eager to pick up
> additional skills that are required.
>
> Please could you help me in this task, as I am quite new to open
> source.

For this period of time, and due to the complexity of the code base, you
might be interested in something more self-contained, like a "Content
Provider" or a data base driver; for example, you can take the idea of
a CMIS Content Provider that was part of a Google Summer of Code that
wasn't completed; searching the mailing list for the subject CMIS you
can find several mails
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator-ooo.dev+subject%3Acmis
and the extension skeleton at
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/CMISContentProvider.zip

As you'll see, a "Content Provider" can be developed as an extension,
there is no need for you to learn nor modify OpenOffice source code.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina