On 16/02/15 19:01, Kay Schenk wrote:

> I'm just curious  about these statements. Have potential new developers
> remarked on this to you?
> Since most IDEs support a variety of version control mechanisms, I'm
> wondering how the suggestion to switch to git might have emerged. But,
> again, I have never used git and it might be the coolest thing ever -- I
> have NO idea! :)

If it would have been possible to have a git repo from the beginning
then we would have one already. The majority of active developers in the
past prefer a git reopo and the git tooling in general.

If possible to get a git repo only it make sense. That means we don't
have to move any webpage related stuff into git. Just the pure code is
relevant her.

+1 for a git repo

Juergen